Cherry Costello's life is about to change forever. She and Dad are moving to Somerset where a new mum and a bunch of brand-new sisters await. And on Cherry's first day there she meets Shay Fletcher; with suntanned skin and sea-green eyes he's the kind of boy who should carry a government health warning. But Shay already has a girlfriend, Cherry's new stepsister Honey. Cherry knows her friendship with Shay is dangerous - it could destroy everything. But that doesn't mean she's going to stay away from him...
This is the first book in Cathy Cassidy's series The Chocolate Box Girls and revolves around Cherry, a half-Japanese girl who has longed to fit in all her life. In order to fit in, she makes up extraordinary things and her vivid imagination lands her in all sorts of trouble. In Glasgow, she doesn't have any friends and is constantly bullied by Kirsty McRae. It looks like things could get better for her when she moves to a new home. Skye, Summer and Coco Tanberry all welcome her and treat her as if she is their sister but Honey develops a sour hatred for her, especially when she catches Cherry with her boyfriend. The story mainly centres around the 'love triangle' between Cherry, Shay and Honey.
Cherry was a very believable character: I felt her happiness and her vulnerability Everything is described so well and I felt as if I had been thrown in her situation: I could feel her desperation to fit in and the glowing pride she had when she was with Shay.
I liked all the other characters especially Skye because of her quirky, laid-back personality and also Shay because I could almost visualise how gorgeous he was in my head!
I really enjoyed this book and Cathy Cassidy continues to write superbly with her usual charm. She uses her typical writing style: simplistic yet full of feeling and emotion. The plot isn't too complicated but like all Cathy's other books, you learn so much from it. It's a delicious book full of love, friendship, dreams and chocolate! It definitely deserves 5 stars!








Great review! I loved this book too.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love all of Cathy Cassidy's books!
ReplyDeleteI'm here because Cathy said you were good. You are. :] keep posting, I'm following you!
ReplyDelete^ Thanks very much :)
ReplyDeleteI also read this due to the post on cathy's fb page. I love the book and the review does it proud. Check out my blog if you like...dreams,daisies and doodled hearts. Its a new blog and only has one post, but in the next few days I will be posting a cc review. it would mean a lot if you could look at it and tell me what youthink xxx
ReplyDeleteHiya, thanks for the comment. I'm taking a look at your blog right now :) xxx
ReplyDeleteYou have really got me interested because I never really thought that Cathy Cassidy would be up my street but now I think I may have to get my little hands on that. Thanx for being a member on We Sat Down. :p
ReplyDelete