Sticky Note

Hello! I'm afraid I have to take another hiatus until mid-February. My exams are coming up and I just haven't had the time to write reviews or posts. I apologise for my absence again and hope to see you all next month.

4 January 2014

Two Year Blogoversary!


Cupcake
Photo taken from We Heart It
Wow.  I seriously cannot believe that my little baby blog is now two years old!  Where did the time go?  *Throws confetti, blows out candles and gives out free cupcakes*  It amazes me that I've come this far with A Reading Daydreamer and I am SO thankful for each and every one of you who has made this journey so fun, so brilliant and so fantastically book-ish!  It is an absolute pleasure to work alongside a community of wonderfully creative and fun people and I just want to say I LOVE YOU, GUYS! 

2013 wasn't a great year for me, blogging-wise.  I was incredibly busy and also spent a lot of time procrastinating which meant this blog was abandoned sporadically.  It fills me with happiness though that I have had your support throughout everything.  THANK YOU FOR STICKING BY ME.  Your sweet, encouraging comments on my posts and reviews is what makes book blogging worth it.  This community and the friendships we form within it has been so important to me.

To start off, I'd like to review my stats:

Year One:

Pageviews: 58,681 
GFC Followers: 710
Linky Followers: 115
Networked Blogs Followers: 82
Most visited by people from:  US and UK
Posts (including Jen’s): 159
Comments: 2100
Twitter followers: 362
Facebook likes: 77

Year Two:

Pageviews: 157,844 (Eek >.<)
GFC Followers: 984
Linky Followers: 194
Networked Blogs Followers: 160
(New) Bloglovin' Followers: 354
Most visited by people from:  US and UK (Wooo!!!!)
Posts: 249
Comments: 3302 (Your comments make my day ^.^)
Twitter followers: 667 
Facebook likes: 281

Last year for my first blogoversary, I went all out with a celebrations fortnight but this year I just didn't have the time to organise anything and to be honest, I don't deserve one!  Which is why I want to make sure I become a better blogger in 2014.  Here are my tentative goals:

  • Read 45 Books:  Unfortunately I didn't meet this goal in 2013 because of school, exams, work experience and a good dose of procrastination.  This year, I should have a longer summer break after finishing secondary school so hopefully I will be able to reach this target this year!

  • Post More Consistently:  This is an ABSOLUTE MUST.  I love the 'post every two days' schedule that Jen and I had set up and I want to stick to this so that I can deliver to my readers!

  • Review Because I Love To:  There are times when reading and reviewing books becomes so tedious.  If I start to develop the 'symptoms', I want to be able to let myself take a break so that I run this blog purely because I adore it.

  • Write Reviews in a Timely Fashion:  Especially lately, I've fallen totally behind.  When I first started out, I did a good job of finishing a book and writing up a review almost straight after.  But now, I have so many half-written reviews sitting in my drafts, it's scary O.O

  • Engage More in the Community:  I'm usually not bad with visiting other blogs and leaving comments but I want to be able to do this even more.  I also want to use Goodreads more often and definitely Twitter.  Feel free to talk to me - I don't bite :D

  • Write a Novel:  I've always loved writing but I've never written a FULL novel.  I have an idea sitting in my head and I can't wait to develop it!  It's contemporary, by the way if anyone's remotely curious!

  • Start Working on The Above Goals After Exams:  Let's be realistic here.  What with so many exams coming up, there is no way I'm going to be able to stick to these goals.  My aim is to FULLY return to blogging after my exams in May so be warned: first half of 2014 is going to be pretty crappy around here!
So hopefully (the secnod half of) 2014 will be a better one!  I am obviously not fully back to blogging yet but I'm already anticipating summer when I can immerse myself back into the community.  I really miss it when I'm away!

And thank you if you've read to the end of this post.  Thank you for reading this blog full stop.  It has been such an amazing journey so far and despite how life gets in the way so many times, I can't imagine myself leaving and I hope blogging will remain a part of me for a long time.  I want to do a shout-out to all my blogging friends and the authors and publishers who have all helped to make A Reading Daydreamer what it is today.  I can't do you guys justice in a small paragraph but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  Thank you for the kindness and support!

So before I leave and eat some chocolate to 'celebrate' my blogoversary,  all that's left to say is:  HAPPY NEW YEAR!.  I hope 2014 is fantastic for us all and that we overcome obstacles and achieve our dreams!  I look forward to working on A Reading Daydreamer to make it more fun and updated so I would love and appreciate it if you stick around for what's to come!

MASSIVE THANKS AND HUGS!

Beverley xxx

11 comments:

  1. HAPPY 2ND BLOGOVERSARY!

    Admittedly, I've only been reading your blog for the last 6 or so months BUT IT HAS BEEN AMAZING FOR THOSE 6 MONTHS SO WHO CARES, RIGHT? I remember fangirling over your rating system (I still love it to pieces) and being to scared to comment… paha silly ol' me not knowing how friendly you are. :)

    Anyway, I have to keep this comment short as my cat is scratching at the door begging me to let it in, but CONGRATULATIONS on all those stats! They're all so well deserved. :'D

    Oh and here's to a brilliant next year of blogging! I hope you reach your book target. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd Blogoversary!! Yay you!!

    And yay for writing! I've been trying to write for awhile. I have one book finished and have queried it for a bit, but have been kind of slacking in my writing/querying department. Hope to get my game back together this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEVERLEY <3 Happy Blogoversary, dearest! I remember your one year blogoversary seemed like just yesterday! You have wonderful blog readers that are just waiting for you to come back! But no worries, we all understand how school can get insane and get in the way of blogging and reading. BUT LOOK AT THOSE STATS. Eeep! I'm loving your goals for 2014, even if they won't start until after May. We'll be patiently waiting for your comeback! <3 Now go eat those chocolates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2nd Blogoversary! Can you believe how fast time flies by? :o Happy New Year and I can't wait to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY, BEVERLEY! :D Two years is AMAZING and you deserve every page-count, comment and follower <3 Time goes so quickly... I just celebrated my 3rd blogoversary and time flies so much! It's crazy! :D

    Good luck with your goals! Don't worry about school getting in the way of blogging - we understand! And can relate! If only we could just blog and read all day... bliss D: But I'm looking forward to all your upcoming posts and the fabulous things you've got planned. I'm also planning to write a full novel since I've only ever written short stories and novellas. I'm just so good at procrastination >.< ANYWAY I hope you have a great 2014! Here's to many more years of blogging *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2nd Blogoversary!! Good luck with your list of challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Beverly! Those are some amazing stats so congrats on reaching those amazing stats. :)

    Good Luck with your goals-I'm looking forward to your posts.

    Happy Blogversary guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, happy blogoversary :) 2 years is an amazing achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! It's so awesome you've kept a blog going for two years - whether or not you've been posting ALL the time. School can be a massive pain and I know for the past few months I myself have been absolutely appalling at keeping on top of the blog, to the point where it is pretty much empty. But you are awesome, your blog is awesome and seriously, congrats. I'm intrigued about your novel! Good luck with your goals, and Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogoversary, Bev! 2 years is such an amazing accomplishment, and I'm glad that you'll be returning soon! You've accomplished so much since you've started blogging and I'm super proud of you <33 I also hope that you can get back to blogging completely by the second half of 2014 because I've been missing you around recently. Ahh your book sounds awesome I'm in love with contemporary books I know it's going to be amazing. Good luck, Bev and happy blogovesrary again! <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI BEVERLEY!!!!!!

    Okay. So... it's probably too late to wish you Happy New Year and HAPPY SECOND BLOGGY BIRTHDAY and stuff now, right??? *looks around nervously*...

    *remembers the fact that she actually only just gave a school friend whose birthday was in SEPTEMBER her present TODAY*
    Nahh...Better late than never, right!

    I must proceed to sing very loudly (though I can't promise in tune-ly) to make up for my lateness...*clears throat*

    HAPPY (BLOGGY) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY (BLOGGY) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    HAPPY (BLOGGY) BIRTHDAY TO BEV AND THE READING DAYDREAMER, ONE OF THE MOST COOLEST AND FANDABBYDOZIEST BLOGS IN THE ENTIRE BLOGOSPHERE..........
    HAPPY (BLOGGY) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

    Anyways, I see from your sticky note at the top up there that you are currently on a hiatus so I hope your exams are going well (A level mocks?) but I look forward very much to your return :D Hope you manage to achieve all your goals, and continue to make The Reading Daydreamer even more beautiful and charming and wonderful to read than it already is!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your prettiful thoughts - I LOVE hearing from you and if I could, I'd give you a cupcake for even wanting to comment in the first place! In return, I will try to check out your blog!

*Please note that this blog is award and tag-free, I appreciate the thought but I just don't have time to fulfil the requirements*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio