|Photo taken from We Heart It|
2013 wasn't a great year for me, blogging-wise. I was incredibly busy and also spent a lot of time procrastinating which meant this blog was abandoned sporadically. It fills me with happiness though that I have had your support throughout everything. THANK YOU FOR STICKING BY ME. Your sweet, encouraging comments on my posts and reviews is what makes book blogging worth it. This community and the friendships we form within it has been so important to me.
To start off, I'd like to review my stats:
GFC Followers: 710
Linky Followers: 115
Networked Blogs Followers: 82
Most visited by people from: US and UK
Posts (including Jen’s): 159
Twitter followers: 362
Facebook likes: 77
Pageviews: 157,844 (Eek >.<)
GFC Followers: 984
Linky Followers: 194
Networked Blogs Followers: 160
(New) Bloglovin' Followers: 354
Most visited by people from: US and UK (Wooo!!!!)
Comments: 3302 (Your comments make my day ^.^)
Twitter followers: 667
Facebook likes: 281
Last year for my first blogoversary, I went all out with a celebrations fortnight but this year I just didn't have the time to organise anything and to be honest, I don't deserve one! Which is why I want to make sure I become a better blogger in 2014. Here are my tentative goals:
- Read 45 Books: Unfortunately I didn't meet this goal in 2013 because of school, exams, work experience and a good dose of procrastination. This year, I should have a longer summer break after finishing secondary school so hopefully I will be able to reach this target this year!
- Post More Consistently: This is an ABSOLUTE MUST. I love the 'post every two days' schedule that Jen and I had set up and I want to stick to this so that I can deliver to my readers!
- Review Because I Love To: There are times when reading and reviewing books becomes so tedious. If I start to develop the 'symptoms', I want to be able to let myself take a break so that I run this blog purely because I adore it.
- Write Reviews in a Timely Fashion: Especially lately, I've fallen totally behind. When I first started out, I did a good job of finishing a book and writing up a review almost straight after. But now, I have so many half-written reviews sitting in my drafts, it's scary O.O
- Engage More in the Community: I'm usually not bad with visiting other blogs and leaving comments but I want to be able to do this even more. I also want to use Goodreads more often and definitely Twitter. Feel free to talk to me - I don't bite :D
- Write a Novel: I've always loved writing but I've never written a FULL novel. I have an idea sitting in my head and I can't wait to develop it! It's contemporary, by the way if anyone's remotely curious!
- Start Working on The Above Goals After Exams: Let's be realistic here. What with so many exams coming up, there is no way I'm going to be able to stick to these goals. My aim is to FULLY return to blogging after my exams in May so be warned: first half of 2014 is going to be pretty crappy around here!
And thank you if you've read to the end of this post. Thank you for reading this blog full stop. It has been such an amazing journey so far and despite how life gets in the way so many times, I can't imagine myself leaving and I hope blogging will remain a part of me for a long time. I want to do a shout-out to all my blogging friends and the authors and publishers who have all helped to make A Reading Daydreamer what it is today. I can't do you guys justice in a small paragraph but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Thank you for the kindness and support!
So before I leave and eat some chocolate to 'celebrate' my blogoversary, all that's left to say is: HAPPY NEW YEAR!. I hope 2014 is fantastic for us all and that we overcome obstacles and achieve our dreams! I look forward to working on A Reading Daydreamer to make it more fun and updated so I would love and appreciate it if you stick around for what's to come!
MASSIVE THANKS AND HUGS!