Sticky Note

Hello! I'm afraid I have to take another hiatus until mid-February. My exams are coming up and I just haven't had the time to write reviews or posts. I apologise for my absence again and hope to see you all next month.

22 December 2013

A Little Catch Up Post

Hello all!

It's me.

Beverley.

*waves*

Finally breaking the silence.

Here's a little update so that you know I'm still alive - a little worn out, but coping :D

What I've Been Up To
I'm pleased to say that my uni applications were sent off in early October!  Since then, I've been focusing on revising for an admissions test, general study and interview prep.  I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths this year and they're challenging but enjoyable at the same time - my investigations in Bio and Chem are fun but frustrating too :P

This leaves little time for reading for the fun of it but I think I've been experiencing a bit of a blogging slump anyway.  I've been avoiding my blog lately, I'll admit.  I do miss the blogosphere and everyone in it but I guess a break was much needed!


Where I've Been
Regarding uni apps, some of you may already know that I want to study veterinary medicine.  Well, I've been lucky enough to be invited for interviews at Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cambridge.  I've already done my Glasgow and Cambridge ones and my Edinburgh one is next year (wow, next year is so soon!).  It's difficult to tell how they both went but I found them to be worthwhile experiences, especially the two interviews I had at Cambridge!  I loved seeing the cities as well even though my visits were short. 

The Cambridge college I applied to


What I've Been Reading
As I said, I've had little time for reading but I did start the various books below which still need to be finished! 

The Elites How to Love Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Vet: My Wild and Wonderful Friends Why Animals Matter: Animal Consciousness, Animal Welfare, and Human Well-Being
 
I'm loving the Asian protagonist in The Elites and How To Love is rather bittersweet and the storyline is interesting too. ASDFGHJKL INSURGENT.  All the feels. I'm about halfway through so no spoilers please :D  Luke Gamble's The Vet is also fantastic and one chapter had me crying - conveniently when I was on the train back from Glasgow!  And Why Animals Matter is intriguing too - animal welfare is an issue close to my heart.
 
 
So that's it really.  All that's left for me to say now is:  HAVE A FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS!!!  And if you don't celebrate it, enjoy the break from school/uni/work! 
 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. ^__^ <3 Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
Source: Chibird
 
 

I've missed you guys so do let me know in the Comments below how you've all been, what I've missed etc.  I'd love to hear from you!  Feel free to say hi on Twitter too!

Lots of love,
Beverley xxx


13 comments:

  1. YAYAY Bev!! <3 I was really starting to miss your lovely blog in my feed. :') I'm so glad that your uni applications are going SO well- I mean, Cambridge?! That is AWESOME. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that you get in!! But I'm sure you will, as you've been more than studious lately. ;)

    I actually just checked out How to Love from the library even though that's not the type of book I normally read. I'm excited to be stretching my limits though. I'm also glad you're enjoying Insurgent!! I really liked that one, although I've heard some meh things about Allegiant, which makes me scared to read it.

    Lovely post, Bev, and I hope that you have some time to kick back and relax this winter break!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, good luck on applications! I'm applying to schools here in the US, so I know just how stressful the entire process is, not to mention interviews. I'm sure you'll get into your dream school, though! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews around more often and I hope you have a great holiday season! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cambridge looks sooo pretty! I'm applying to uni too so I know all about your stress, but I don't seem to have to many tests. Instead, it's all about the essays. Interviews must be so stressful, but I think getting into the school you want is worth it. Enjoy the holidays!

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Beverley, I'm s glad to see a blog post from you pop up on my feed! I'm glad that despite everything being super busy, you're still able to fit in a little reading. I loved How to Love and have only heard great things about The Elites! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEVERLEY!!! It's so great to hear from you again! I've missed visiting your blog, but I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. Congratulations on all the interview offers. And all from such fantastic places as well. I remember visiting Cambridge a few years back, and I loved the city too. And funnily enough, I did exactly the same subjects for A-levels! I know how much work they can all be together, so I don't blame you for taking a break from blogging. Good luck with your studies and I hope you have a lovely Christmas/holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeek! Good luck with getting into uni - Cambridge is a GREAT school!

    You've just reminded me I need to finish reading The Elites! I was in a reading slump when I started it so it's been left unfinished for months! Must. Go. Back. To. It. Soon.

    Glad to see you around the bookblogosphere again! :D<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev I'm so glad you're back! I really missed you and your awesome blog :)) I'm really glad that your blogging break was worthwhile, and congrats on getting your uni apps off. I know your interviews went amazing though, because you're awesome and those universities would definitely be idiotic not to recognize how smart you are. And I'm happy that the interviews were still really great experiences nonetheless :)

    Have a great holiday and I can't wait to see more of your blog <3 Enjoy those books you're reading; hopefully with the extra time due to holidays, you'll finish them. How to Love has been getting fantastic reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEVERLEY AHH. I got so excited when I saw your comment on my blog so I HAD to come visit your blog to see if you'd posted! You are seriously going places with those interviews and such, you overachiever you! I'm glad you're doing well, we seriously miss you in the blogging world. Reading-wise, I really enjoyed HOW TO LOVE and I hope you do too! I hope you get to stay around a take a little break? Hope to talk to you soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I'm a bit envious of you for getting to visit those fabulous universities! My kid wants to study veterinary medicine some day and I really hope she does!
    Happy holidays, Beverley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous when I hear you guys talk about universities. They are so much prettier and more awesome than the ones we have here. It looks like such a fun experience and I hope you are allowed on the school of your choice :D I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEV! YOU'RE BACK! Biology, Chemistry and Maths?! You must be crazy! More like super smart! Wow! That Cambridge university looks so regal! I hope you get in to your first places!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEVV!!!! <333 OH HOW I'VE MISSED YOU :') OMG. I'm taking like the same combo of subjects you are, except I'm doing IB. O.O WOWOWOW those unis are frikkin amazing! :D I so want to apply to Cambridge or Oxford but I'm too scared they'll laugh at my application haha. :( Oooh some great books! I have to admit, I've only read Insurgent out of all of them... I guess that shows just how much I've been out of the whole blogging/reviewing thing lately, eh? What with mocks, finals etc it is SO difficult to make time for other things, unless you're super organised. :P But anyway YAAAAY so glad you're back!!! I'll be dropping you an email just to catch up :) xxxx I miss my girlies :'(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to read an update on how things are going for yoou! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New year and good luck with your studies and uni apps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your prettiful thoughts - I LOVE hearing from you and if I could, I'd give you a cupcake for even wanting to comment in the first place! In return, I will try to check out your blog!

*Please note that this blog is award and tag-free, I appreciate the thought but I just don't have time to fulfil the requirements*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio