Sticky Note

Hello! I'm afraid I have to take another hiatus until mid-February. My exams are coming up and I just haven't had the time to write reviews or posts. I apologise for my absence again and hope to see you all next month.

1 January 2013

Our New Year's Blogging and Reading Resolutions



HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it's 2013 already!  2012 seems to have flown by really quickly and it's almost scary to think we're into another year.  To welcome the new year, Jen and I have come together with our New Year's Blogging and Reading Resolutions!

Bev's New Year Resolutions

I have been blogging for nearly a year now and I'm still learning new things everyday.  I've had a thought about what I'd like to achieve and improve on in the next year and I'd like to share them with you: 

  • BE MORE ORGANISED!  Jen is definitely the organised one out of the two of us and ever since she joined in August, the scheduling of the blog has been much smoother.  Before, I was more of a spontaneous blogger and I think I've improved since then with planning.  I hope to further this in the next year so things can be sorted which will make life easier :D 
  • Keep a blogging notebook.  This ties in with the above, but I'd like to keep a notebook where I can quickly jot down thoughts and interesting quotes while I'm reading a book.  I love when bloggers include funny quips from the book in their reviews so a notebook would be useful, as well as help me get organised with dates and things >.<
  • Continue to provide informative yet interesting reviews.  I like to think my reviews contain sufficient information and enough of my opinions in order to allow you to make up your own mind as to whether the book is for you.  I'm still trying to find ways to make them more interesting so I don't bore you!
  • Gain more readers and increase pageviews.  I'm certainly proud of what we've achieved so far and I hope this year will be just as successful as the last.  I don't worry as much anymore about follower numbers (although they are encouraging) and find that the number of actual readers is more important.  Each and every comment on a review or post means much more to me than a new box under the GFC tab.  So thank you to all of those who regularly stop by and comment!
  • READ MORE BOOKS = MORE REVIEWS.  This is a pretty big one.  I'm a pretty slow reader but I think this is more due to the fact that I get distracted easily.  So this year, I'm going to set a time each day just for reading, so hopefully I can post more reviews.

Jen's New Year Resolutions

It sounds like Beverley covered most of my resolutions! I don't think I have many goals at all, because I think what I'm doing is steady and organized. There are a couple of things that I would love to improve on, though!

  • Expand on the number of blogs I read on. I usually only read from blogs that frequently comment on this blog & that I've fallen in love with, but I need to read other blogs that are just as awesome that I don't know about! You guys need to suggest some of your favorites to me. :D
  • Make new blogger friends! This one ties in a bit with the resolution above, but I seriously need to talk to other readers on Twitter and on the blog, other than my close-knit group of friends that I always talk to. Don't be shy, y'all! 
  • Read my review copies that I receive. I'm such a bad blogger y'all, the publishers probably hate me like no other. I used to read every review copy I receive way back when, but now I've kind of just forgotten about reading them. I so need to get back to them, since I don't want anyone to hate me!!
  • Like Beverley (and I'm sure many other bloggers), I want to read lots books as well as keep my grades up (not that they were bad, but..)! I'm quite proud with the number of books I've read this year-- in the 90's! It's not much compared to many other bloggers out there, but I'm surprised I read so much considering how busy I always am. Well, thank the lord for audiobooks! I know this coming year will blow my head off with SATs coming up and tons more IB classes on the way, but my goal for 2013 is to read 50 books. Cross your fingers!
So that's our New Year's Resolutions... what do you think?  And please feel free to share some of your Resolutions with us!

Happy reading,
Beverley and Jen xx

22 comments:

  1. These are all great ideas! Mine is mostly to just stay constant with the blogging. I took a hiatus over the summer, and I really missed blogging! I also set a reading goal of 200 books, and signed up for a bunch of different challenges.

    I haven't been following your blog very long, but I love the design! Its so pretty! Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, being more organised is a big one for me! I want the blog to be more active this year, since from September to Decemeber it was empty a lot because of school. But this year I want to have more of a balance between coursework and exams, and the blog! And I agree with you as well, Jen, comment on more blogs and spread the love. Awesome resolutions, guys, and a Happy New Year! :)

    My Resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have great blogging ideas! I see some things I also want to achieve, but remember above all: enjoy the books you read and keep having fun in blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Setting new year goals are great!! I'll need to learn from Jen and be more organized with my posting since I'm a spontaneous blogger too :P The notebook idea is nice, I love reading reviews with suitable quotes as well. And yes! I need to get to know more blogger friends, they've been my motivation and encouragement, thanks guys!

    -Alicia
    Book a World

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S THE NEW YEAR OVER IN BRITAIN FOR YOU! OMG LOOK AT YOUR ARCHIVE! I LOVE IT I MEAN *SERIOUSLY* LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT IS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S 2013 ALREADY IT FEELS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY IT WAS THE END OF 2011 AND I WAS WATCHING THE CLOCK TURN TO 12 O CLOCK JUST LIKE LAST TIME. LEGIT. ONLY THIS TIME I HAVE SO MUCH MORE FUN TO LOOK FORWARD TO! *GOESS OFF TO SPAZ*

    OKAY, LEGIT. I CAME TO YOUR BLOG TO LEAVE A *TOTALLY NORMAL* JUSTIFIED COMMENT, AND THEN I COMPLETELY SPAZ. I'm sorry! I meant to agree on all of your points, and then I got so excited when I saw "January 1, 2013" at the top of your post that I TOTALLY freaked and turned on caps, and well, you know what else happened.

    But I SO agree with you Bev! I would love to be a lot more organized I SEEM totally composed on the outside, but on the inside, I'm a total freakout lol! And Jen, I agree about the new bloggy friends! I LOVE getting to know people! It's just SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new goals! I can't say I'm going to make some of my own because I will probably not stick with them . . . so I'm going with the flow this year and see how it turns out from there.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great resolutions!! Hopefully both of you girls will be able to work on them through the year!! Also, happy new year darlings!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year! Great resolutions! I definitely want to start commenting more, starting here! I love your blog but never seem to comment! I MUST START! Although my comments won't be like Eileen's spazzy alligatoring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Beverley, I completely agree with you. I'm just now starting to get organized with Google Calendar and scheduled posts, but it's a lot of work until I do.
    Jen, I too want to increase the number of blogs I visit daily. To be honest, I mostly return comments and visit those on my sidebar, but it's time to stretch a bit further.
    Good luck with your resolutions, girls. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these goals are SO perfect, you two! Bev, I totally need to be more organized. It's a serious problem for me, especially because I procrastinate to the absolute max. Not a good thing! =P But hopefully I'll be able to get everything together and actually schedule ahead for once in my life. I also really, really want to start a blogging notebook as well! I want to start handwriting some reviews, because I feel like that will provide more quality reviews, since I won't be so distracted and it'll just be me getting my thoughts out on paper.

    Jen, I had NO idea that you're taking IB classes!! How do you even find time to blog?! I'm taking 2 AP classes and 3 Pre-AP classes and am finding myself super squeezed for time. I can't even imagine how you can do IB classes and still blog. O_o But I'm glad you find time to blog, because I love reading your reviews and talking to you so much!!

    Fantastic resolutions you two. Good luck in 2013! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great resolutions! I need to work on doing more reviews and visiting other blogs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Fantastic resolutions, I think you have both pretty much covered mine! :D Happy New Year to you both <3

    I need to be more organised too. Even though I have a blogging notebook, it is not clear what is what! :P This year I am hoping to read more and do more reviews more. More blogging is general really!

    And to Jen, hi! I love making book blogging friends too! *waves* ;)

    Good luck with your resolutions <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS! :)

    So I LOVE this. I need to jot down some blogging/reading resolutions even if it doesn't come in post form... Even thinking about it just makes it so much more real. I was nodding along to sooo many of these! I'm definitely a spontaneous blogger and while I don't think I'll ever have posts scheduled for a month in the future, I do want to get more organized. And Jen, I pretty much agree with ALL of your resolutions! BE MY BFF? <3 Haha seriously though, I want more interaction with more bloggers! Good luck with your goals! Hopefully 2013 is the best year yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some great goals. I have not set down and written out my goals, but its a great idea. I am just now entering my second year of blogging and getting more organized, scheduling my post, more reviews right after I read the book, and commenting more on favorite blogs are some of my goals. Thanks for the sharing your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your New Year's Resolution girls. I have the same goals like you but I'm not really sure if I'd be able to do them so I'm not making any promises yet. But I will try really hard. And ooh, I like the idea of blogging notebook. I might start doing that too now. Thanks for sharing your goals. Happy New Year and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your resolutions are really similar to the resolutions I have in mind... I'd really like to read around 50 books again this year! I would go higher but I've got exams and everything so I'm going to take it easy, haha! :3

    HAPPY NEW YEAR BEV AND JEN, I HOPE IT'S GOOD TO YOU! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great resulutions Jen!! I stink at making resolutions...
    Happy NEw Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are some awesome resolutions ladies! I definitely need to keep control over my review pile too, I tend to get easily distracted with non-review books especially ones from the library! I really also need to keep my tbr pile in check too! I hope you manage to fulfill a lot of your resolutions! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo yes, getting organized is a good one Bev! I'm fairly organized on the blog, but there's definitely more I could do to keep me on track. Sometimes I just fly by the seat of my pants and that doesn't always work out. And yes to new blogger friends Jen! I love finding new people and new blogs to follow each year:) Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, these are fantastic resolutions, both of you! Jen, I'm SO with you on the read+keep the grades >_< It's coming along smoothly so far, but there are still those certain books that demand all the attention of a typical homework night. and Bev, I love that you are encouraged more by the comments than the number of followers <333 I'm sorry I haven't been around lately (school's been SO rough) T __ T but I hope you both have a wonderful New Year, and happy 2013!!

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, these are some fantastic resolutions! Bev, your idea of keeping a blogging notebook is wonderful, and it gives me the idea to do the same to keep track of my favourite quotes in books. Also, like Jen, my life is a constant battle of keeping good grades while reading many books (going for 120 this year) so I completely relate. :)

    Good luck with everything, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are some awesome goals! One of mine is to be more organized (especially with my email, which always seems to be a mess!) and like Jen, I want to get more involved as well (especially with commenting on blogs, which I always tend to lack at during the school year!). Anyhow, good luck with them, and happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your prettiful thoughts - I LOVE hearing from you and if I could, I'd give you a cupcake for even wanting to comment in the first place! In return, I will try to check out your blog!

*Please note that this blog is award and tag-free, I appreciate the thought but I just don't have time to fulfil the requirements*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio