Bev's New Year Resolutions
I have been blogging for nearly a year now and I'm still learning new things everyday. I've had a thought about what I'd like to achieve and improve on in the next year and I'd like to share them with you:
- BE MORE ORGANISED! Jen is definitely the organised one out of the two of us and ever since she joined in August, the scheduling of the blog has been much smoother. Before, I was more of a spontaneous blogger and I think I've improved since then with planning. I hope to further this in the next year so things can be sorted which will make life easier :D
- Keep a blogging notebook. This ties in with the above, but I'd like to keep a notebook where I can quickly jot down thoughts and interesting quotes while I'm reading a book. I love when bloggers include funny quips from the book in their reviews so a notebook would be useful, as well as help me get organised with dates and things >.<
- Continue to provide informative yet interesting reviews. I like to think my reviews contain sufficient information and enough of my opinions in order to allow you to make up your own mind as to whether the book is for you. I'm still trying to find ways to make them more interesting so I don't bore you!
- Gain more readers and increase pageviews. I'm certainly proud of what we've achieved so far and I hope this year will be just as successful as the last. I don't worry as much anymore about follower numbers (although they are encouraging) and find that the number of actual readers is more important. Each and every comment on a review or post means much more to me than a new box under the GFC tab. So thank you to all of those who regularly stop by and comment!
- READ MORE BOOKS = MORE REVIEWS. This is a pretty big one. I'm a pretty slow reader but I think this is more due to the fact that I get distracted easily. So this year, I'm going to set a time each day just for reading, so hopefully I can post more reviews.
Jen's New Year Resolutions
It sounds like Beverley covered most of my resolutions! I don't think I have many goals at all, because I think what I'm doing is steady and organized. There are a couple of things that I would love to improve on, though!
- Expand on the number of blogs I read on. I usually only read from blogs that frequently comment on this blog & that I've fallen in love with, but I need to read other blogs that are just as awesome that I don't know about! You guys need to suggest some of your favorites to me. :D
- Make new blogger friends! This one ties in a bit with the resolution above, but I seriously need to talk to other readers on Twitter and on the blog, other than my close-knit group of friends that I always talk to. Don't be shy, y'all!
- Read my review copies that I receive. I'm such a bad blogger y'all, the publishers probably hate me like no other. I used to read every review copy I receive way back when, but now I've kind of just forgotten about reading them. I so need to get back to them, since I don't want anyone to hate me!!
- Like Beverley (and I'm sure many other bloggers), I want to read lots books as well as keep my grades up (not that they were bad, but..)! I'm quite proud with the number of books I've read this year-- in the 90's! It's not much compared to many other bloggers out there, but I'm surprised I read so much considering how busy I always am. Well, thank the lord for audiobooks! I know this coming year will blow my head off with SATs coming up and tons more IB classes on the way, but my goal for 2013 is to read 50 books. Cross your fingers!
So that's our New Year's Resolutions... what do you think? And please feel free to share some of your Resolutions with us!
Beverley and Jen xx
Beverley and Jen xx