Waiting on Wednesday is a fabulous meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine! It's a wonderful chance to share the books we're eagerly anticipating and to find out what our fellow bloggers are looking forward to reading!
Wow. It's been a long time since we've done a WoW on A Reading Daydreamer! The last time we posted one was in December. O.O But anyway, it's just me, Jen, today, since Beverley's still taking her hiatus.
Jen's eagerly anticipating...
by Sean Williams
HarperTeen
November 5, 2013
Summary from Goodreads:
Summary from Goodreads:
High-stakes action combines with issues of friendship and body image in this timely and thought-provoking exploration of the intersection of technology and identity.
You can be Improved....
In a near-future world in which technology can transport you anywhere instantly, can a coded note enable you to change your body-to become taller, stronger, more beautiful? Clair is pretty sure the offer is too good to be true. But her best friend, Libby, is determined to give it a try, longing for a new, improved version of herself.
What starts as Libby's dream turns into Clair's nightmare when Libby falls foul of a deadly trap. With the help of Jesse, the school freak, and a mysterious-but powerful-stranger called Q, Clair's attempt to protect Libby leads her to an unimagined world of conspiracies and cover-ups. Soon her own life is at risk, and Clair is chased across the world in a desperate race against time.
Action and danger fuel Sean Williams's tale of technology, identity, and the lengths to which one girl will go to save her best friend.
Why I'm interested in reading this novel:
- First, TWINS. Well, not really.. it's more like cloning, but I'M A TWIN. That catches my attention immediately.
- This sounds like an awesome action-packed read!
- Does it count that it publishes during my birthday month?
What book(s) are you waiting on this lovely Wednesday? Let me know! :)
Happy reading,
Jen xx








Seems like a book worth waiting for :) I am going to put this on my to read list!
ReplyDeleteAnd there's another book to read(:
ReplyDeleteOhh I've seen the cover for Twinmaker around recently and it sounds fantastic! I can't wait to read it now, actually!(: I hope it winds up being every bit as wonderful as we want it to be! *fingers crossed*
ReplyDeleteOoh curious premise!! I haven't heard of this one yet.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds exciting and a little frightening at the same time, Jen! Wonderful pick. :)
ReplyDeleteOh I hadn't heard of this one yet! It sounds great!
ReplyDeleteLove the cover and love the concept!!! And yeah, I truly love reading about Twins..(even though it's cloned twins hre.)
ReplyDeleteThis one sounds fabulous! A little creep-tastic but fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBella's W.O.W
Ooh that's new to me! Curious about it now!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Well, naturally this one sounds awesome. I'm definitely excited about it. And yes, the book definitely gets bonus points for being published on your birthday. I get super excited about that if it happens to me, too! : )
ReplyDeleteGreat choice, my WOW is here
Oh gosh, this sounds fantastic! Another books to add to my GR tbr. ^^
ReplyDeleteLove the Q-makes me think of Bond :)
ReplyDeleteIt totally counts that it releases during your birthday month, that's usually enough to make me want to read a book too. This one sounds so good, I love a good, action packed story. And I love that from the blurb, it seems like the girls' friendship will be a huge part of the story, and there aren't too many books out there that feature solid friendships between young women. Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of this before but it's definitely going on my Goodreads list now. It sounds so good! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't remember the last time I did a WoW! I love this meme, but I've been so focused on getting reviews posted that I seem to have let it slip away. Anyway, this is a brilliant pick! I love the sound of this book and can't wait to read it myself. The cover is pretty awesome, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't done a WoW for ages either.. oops! :P
ReplyDeleteThis sounds awesome! I love the clone storyline - I find the whole biological gene type theme thingy fascinating to read in books. It is so cool that you're a twin! I love twin stories too :)
I hope you read this soon, Jen! It is not out until November though - grr!
Oh wow this one is totally new to me and it sound so amazing!! :D The cast of characters, the world, the power dynamics... thanks so much for pointing it out to me ^^
ReplyDeleteMy WoW
Jen I didn't know that you were a twin!! I cans see why you would be immediately drawn to this book the concept sounds so amazing but scary at the same time! And it's totally a sign that you need to get this book if it's releasing in your birthday month! Brilliant pick Jen! :)
ReplyDeleteI was just checking out this one when I was making a list of HC arcs, but I figured it's still too early. I'm one of those people who hate receiving books early because I read on schedule and then I have to stare at them on my shelf for months before the time comes to read them.
ReplyDeleteBut it's defintely on my radar, despite the slightly odd cover.
Oh, it's so cool that you're a twin! Hehe, I always wanted to be one, too :) And I love twin books! This one sounds quite creepy, although that might be just another reason to pick it up - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete