Sticky Note - 23.2.18

I no longer blog here but you can now find me at word drift. Hope to see you there!

1 August 2012

Alfie the Sniffer Pup (August '12 Edition)

Alfie the Sniffer Pup is a monthly feature here on A Reading Daydreamer where I spotlight exciting upcoming releases and book-ish news which my pup, Alfie has kindly 'sniffed' out for me!  

Sorry for my lack of posts!  As you all know, the London Olympics is on and I've become addicted to watching the events... A few moths ago, I was all 'Meh, Olympics... Whatever' and now I'm practically shouting at the TV and cheering and acting like complete loony!  I've also been on the joy that is Twitter, mainly gushing about Tom Daley and the men's synchro diving and gymnastics ^_^  But without further ado, here are some August releases for you to look forward to...

[clicking on the cover will take you to Goodreads for more info]

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Pushing the Limits Love at Second Sight Debutantes Torn

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Love at Second Sight by Cathy Hopkins
Debutantes by Cora Harrison
Torn by David Massey

Rift The Lost Girl Erasing Time Glitch (Glitch, #1) Wake (Watersong, #1)

Rift by Andrea Cremer
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Wake by Amanda Hocking

Earth Girl Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction Losing Lila (Lila, #2) Onyx (Lux, #2) Spark (Elemental, #2)

Earth Girl by Janet Edwards
Foretold by Various Authors
Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Spark by Brigid Kemmerer 

August seems like another fab month filled with some amazing releases!  Pushing the Limits is one of the best books I've read this year and I hope you will all go out and get your hands on it - you won't regret it!  Throne of Glass has managed to receive plenty of glowing reviews so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed :)  Torn is in my TBR pile - a love story set against a war...  The covers of Rift and Earth Girl immediately caught my eye too.  Jennifer L. Armentrout and Brigid Kemmerer have taken the blogosphere by a storm and I'm eager to read their books to see what all the hype is about... and who can resist the guys on the cover of Spark?

Which titles are you anticipating this month?  Feel free to let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to enter my 270 Followers Giveaway which ends soon... Since I have managed to get 500+ GFC followers, there will now be TWO winners so what are you waiting for?!

And I hope you all enjoy the rest of the Olympics! *turns on TV*

Happy reading,
Beverley xxx


20 comments:

  1. AWWWW so THIS is what Alfie the Sniffer Pup is. :) There is definitely a lot of INSANELY AWESOME releases in August. PUSHING THE LIMITS. <3 <3 <3 I'm going to be reading Glitch soon! Throne of Glass was quite great as well. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfie is ADORABLE!! I'm looking forward to Foretold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I seem to be glued to my t.v all day! especially the swimming events! I can't wait for the releases of Onyx, Losing Lila and Throne of Glass, I've read two of these and can't wait to get finished copies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALFIEEEE IS SOOOO CUTEE!!!!!!!
    OMGOMGOMG SO MANYYYY AWESOMEEEEE BOOKS<3 Spark, ToG, PTL and Losing Lila are all FANTASTIC! I think I gave all of them 5 stars? Eeeeeeeee! Looking forward to Foretold, Lost Girl, Onyx and Erasing Timeeee! Gahhhhhh AUGUST IS SUCH AN AMAZING MONTHH!!!

    Oh and Olympics? CHINA FTW! Hahaaa The TV here is STILL broadcasting the SWIMMING and ROWING events- like I DON'T FREAKING CARE ABOUT SWIMMING AND ROWING. I want GYM!!! Okayy, I should shut up now :D heheeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I just realised, everything seems to be caps-lock. SORRY! hahaa :D

      Delete
  5. Really looking forward to Rift! Loved Onyx and the Throne of Glass! Also Pushing The Limits was pretty good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! So many awesome books!!! Pushing the Limits, Throne of Glass, and Erasing Time sound fabulous!!! I had no idea there were so many awesome release this month :-) Thanks for sharing.

    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I felt the same way about the Olympics (I'm really not a sports person) but now I can't seem to take my eyes of the telly. :D

    There are some great books coming out this month! I'm really eager to get my hands on Erasing Time and The Lost Girls. Both of those sound fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much good stuff out this month Beverley! I adored Spark and Pushing the Limits, I'm dying for Glitch, Onyx, Wake and The Lost Girl. My poor wallet is going to take a hit this month I think. So worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beverley... ALIFIE IS ADORABLE!!! *plans a plot to kidnap him for her own cute needs* Hehe :D This has been a great month - I am particuarly looking forward to read Throne of Glass, Pushing The Limits, Torn and Losing Lila :)
    And I feel the same about the Olympics - I didn't care at all about them and now I am getting hyped up about all the races, haha :D Tom Daley <3 lol ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alfie is so CUTE!! I know, August seems to have sooo many amazing releases. Yay!

    A few months ago, I was all, 'meh, Olympics'...and I still am. :P I'm not even watching it on TV lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Foretold (Rose and Dimitri!), Losing Lila and Onyx! Pushing the Limits was amazing. Enshadowed is not on your list but I'm dying for it! So many great releases this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI ALFIE! <3 You're so cute and I want to kidnap you and hug you and play with you and... okay, the list goes on and on. But I hope you got my message hehe! x) (hint: take Alfie away from my sight or maybe he would disappear with me! ;))

    Anyway, I can't be even more agree with you, Bev!! x) August is such a month full of awesomeness! I don't even know where to begin! x) I'm reading Pushing the Limits right now and I really hope that I would enjoy it as much as you guys! :) Throne of Glass is so high on my wishlist, especially since I've read so many amazing reviews about it! Erasing Time sounds amazing too! <3 And happpyyy Olympic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! Same! At first I didn't rally care about the Olympics, but now I'm so into them! Haha and I;ve been on twitter too. ;) We've been kinda gushing together. <333

    ALFIE!! How come this is the first I'm hearing of him??? >,< He's soooo cute OMGOMGOMG!!! I have a dog too. <333 I'm so happy that everyone is loving Pushing The Limits so much.. it's so awesome and completely deserves all the hype it's been getting. :') Lovely post, Bev! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Beverley,
    My name is Sunny (Pink Lady 631) and you commented on my 20 followers spectacular post. I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment and say I love your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS. I want your dog!!! I love that breed. Why can't be mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. OLYMPICS!! The opening was AMAZING and I can't wait to see which country wins the most gold medals! And there are so many GREAT books coming out this month. So excited for all books :)

    Thank you for sharing this awesome post with us, Beverley! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dog is so cute <3 ! All these books look great and might help me to find a new book to read as I am running out of ideas! I Love your blog and could you have a look at mine? www.justbeingmyselftoday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are some amazing releases this month! I can't wait to read most of them ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alfie is so freaking adorable! I would never have even thought of using my dog for this kind of feature - you're so creative.

    I'm reading Pushing the Limits now. It's good so far. :) I'll be reading Throne of Glass as soon as I finish all the prequel novellas. Losing Lila will come right afterward, I think.

    I'm really excited for The Debutantes and The Lost Girl. Haven't seen a few of these titles. Thanks for this post! :D Also, the 'lympics! I cannot believe that you're watching it so closely! I didn't even watch the opening ceromony - more of a forgetting than a lack of wanting to. I just read about the drama between/with the Olympians.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your prettiful thoughts - I LOVE hearing from you and if I could, I'd give you a cupcake for even wanting to comment in the first place! In return, I will try to check out your blog!

*Please note that this blog is award and tag-free, I appreciate the thought but I just don't have time to fulfil the requirements*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio