Sticky Note - 23.2.18

I no longer blog here but you can now find me at word drift. Hope to see you there!

25 July 2012

Waiting on Wedneday #4

Waiting on Wednesday is a fabulous meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!  It's a wonderful chance to share the books I'm eagerly anticipating and to find out what my fellow bloggers are looking forward to reading!

What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)
Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?


When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind...

[summary taken from Goodreads]

I have been desperate to get my hands on this ever since I first heard about it!  The premise sounds incerdibly fascinating and thrilling and isn't the cover just a-mazingly gorgeous?  I first saw the US cover but now I ADORE this UK/Aussie cover because of the splash of colour!

What are you waiting on?

Happy reading,
Beverley

21 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Think I've seen this one before! Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW will be up tomorrow morning, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book and can't wait to read it either! It's already been getting some pretty good reviews too. :) The cover is gorgeous! I'm glad the UK version isn't too different from the US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book, either! THe premise is very unique. However, I prefer the US cover, since it's rare for a book cover to have only shades of gray in it :D

    New follower! \o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm looking forward to this book too! I love the concept behind it and I love both covers, though like Sam, I'm glad they're similar. Awesome pick, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my list too! And I CANNOT wait to get my hands on a copy :) Nice pick, thanks for sharing <3
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is one I am looking forward too as well. The cover just speaks to you, doesn't it? It's attention-grabbing to say the least. I've heard it has one of the most beautiful sisterly relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just got this book, as an ARC. It's good so far. I have the US cover :( No fun.

    Check out my WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEEP. I really really really really really really really want this one tooo! :) I definitely like the UK/Aussie cover better as well. :) Have you noticed the two faces on the cover? :D Yay great pick Beverley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHH! I can't wait to read this book! I heard amazing things about this one.

    Waiting on Wednesday
    You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award
    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick Beverley, I also can't wait to read this book either! It sounds brilliant. Also the splash of colour makes this cover a lot more appealing than the U.S cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this looks amazing! Imagine how terrible that must be, knowing you have to give up one part of yourself! Thanks for sharing :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, this amazing! I haven't heard of this one before. Hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on it. I'm taking part in WoW too now, here's mine! :)
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read this a few days ago, Beverly and I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for you to read this too! Awesome pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really good and I love the cover too, Beverly. Plus, I hear it's getting great reviews. Excellent pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds great! I have seen this around before but didn't pay much attention...but this is going in my TBR list! Great pick! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw....I am a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this to read coming up and I can't wait to read it either! It sounds really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really looking forward to this one too! I'm pleased they haven't changed the cover on it too much, as I think it's really clever!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous pick, Beverley! <3 I love the UK cover too - it's absolutely gorgeous! The colors. <3 Anyway, I can't wait for this book! What's Left of Me sounds AMAZING. Twins? Oh yes, sign me up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that cover is amazing!
    Like your blog layout.
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your prettiful thoughts - I LOVE hearing from you and if I could, I'd give you a cupcake for even wanting to comment in the first place! In return, I will try to check out your blog!

*Please note that this blog is award and tag-free, I appreciate the thought but I just don't have time to fulfil the requirements*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio